Delicious soup made from roasted groundnut paste cooked with an assortment of meats and spices.
2 cups of roasted groundnut
3 cooking spoons of vegetable/olive oil
1/2 medium sliced onion
1 small tin of tinned tomato paste
An assortment of meat (tripe, cow leg, beef, abode, roundabout, ponmo etc.)
Smoked fish (if using)
Dried pepper (Cayenne pepper).
2 heaped tablespoons of crayfish.
2 roasted iwo/erhe.
Method of Preparation:
1. Blend roasted groundnuts in the dry mill of your blender, then transfer to the liquid blender and grind until it forms a very smooth paste.
2. In a pre-heated pot, add oil and the onion slices. Fry until translucent and not brown.
3. Pour in the groundnut past and cook for 10 minutes making sure to stir frequently to avoid burning, then add the tinned tomato paste.
4. Add dried pepper and mix nicely, then follow up with the cooked meats and the stock. Mix very well add a cup of water or a little more and cook some more until thick.
5. Add the blended crayfish and stir.
6. Finally, roast the iwo/erhe over direct flame and throw into the cooking pot. Cook for a few more minutes and serve.
* Serve warm.
* You can add less than a handful of washed bitter leaves, scent leaves or pumpkin leaves at the end of the cooking if you wish.