- 2 whole tilapia
- 1 onion
- 2 scotch bonnet
- 2tbsp minced ginger
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp OSK spice mix
- In a blender add scotch bonnet, onions & red pepper, pulse until they’ve all been chopped up into tiny pieces, but not into liquid. Pour the mix into a bowl, add minced garlic, ginger & spice mix. Sprinkle a bit of salt and mix everything together then set aside. By letting it sit before adding it to the fish, the flavours will soak into the veggies and give it an added flavour.
- Now it’s time to clean the fish, remove the scales and fully gut out the inside of the fish.
- In a tight container add the fish and pour the marinate, make sure the marinate is covering every part of the fish, including inside of the fish. This is where it will get it’s amazing flavour from. If there’s any liquid remaining pour that into the container. Make sure to wear gloves the scotch bonnet will sting.
- Once it’s marinated for at least 24 hours, pre-heat the grill to 220 degrees/ F.
- On a tray place a sheet of foil, use the foil to create a very loose jacket for the fish. Place the fish in the centre and add any loose garnish that is in the bowl on top. Pour 1tbs of oil over the fish and then fold the ends of the foil together.
- After 30-40 Minutes check the fish, open the foil jacket and place it back in the oven. Now the foil has been removed the fish it will crisp up and begin to brown. After another 10 minutes bring it out the oven and it’s ready to delve straight into,
Serve with plain rice and fried plantain, the flavours will give you so much satisfaction, you might want to eat alone.
- For the best results leave for at least 24 hours, not overnight but 24 whole hours!
- Make sure the foil is not touching the top of the fish as it will stick and take the lovely skin with it when you open it.
Don’t Forget to Drop A Comment Below!
Find More Recipe Here
Learn More Nigerian Soup Recipes, Order; ALL NIGERIAN SOUPS, STEW AND SAUCE SELF LEARNING RECIPE E-COOKBOOK
Learn More Nigerian Soup Recipes, Order; ALL SNACKS, CHOPS AND BREAD RECIPE E-BOOK
Subscribe for our latest update on recipes, food trends and deals