* 5 cups cooked rice
* 2 Eggs
* 2 Tbsp Coconut oil
* 1/2 lb shrimp
* 1/2 cup green peas
* 1/2 cup red onions diced
* 1/2 cup bell peppers diced
* 2 scallions diced
* 1-1/2 cup pineapple cubed
* 1 Tbsp ginger minced
* 1 Tbsp garlic minced
* 2 Tbsp sriracha
* 1 tbsp soy sauce
* salt and black pepper to taste
STEP 1. Preheat one tablespoon oil, add the eggs and fry by scrambling it throughout the pan. Once done after a minute or two, remove from heat and set aside.
STEP 2. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil over high heat. Add the diced onion, ginger, and garlic and cook stirring until just fragrant, about 30 seconds.
STEP 3. Add the shrimps and cook on both sides till pink on the inside.
STEP 4. Add the diced red bell peppers and green peas and stir fry for another two minutes.
STEP 5. Stir in the rice, sriracha sauce, soy sauce, salt (optional), and black pepper until the rice is heated through.
STEP 6. Stir in the cubed pineapple, the scrambled eggs, and green onions.
* Be sure to pat dry with a paper towel before cooking the shrimps. Fresh pineapple or canned pineapple can be used for this recipe. However, if you choose to use fresh pineapple, be sure to use the ripe ones with yellow skin. They are sweet and juicy!
I have used shrimps for this recipe but you can use chicken or beef or keep it vegetarian.
* For best results use a day old rice. If you don’t have that, you can use freshly cooked rice but be sure to let the rice cool down completely before stir-frying it. This helps the fried rice to come out with well-separated grains.
* Use a non-stick pan that holds heat well and large enough to hold all ingredients comfortably.
I used basmati rice which comes out with more well-separated grains when cooked and there’s also a noticeable flavor and texture when you use basmati rice; however, since this is a very versatile recipe, any type of rice can also be used.
Don’t Forget to Drop A Comment Below!
Learn More Nigerian Soup Recipes, Order; ALL NIGERIAN SOUPS, STEW AND SAUCE SELF LEARNING RECIPE E-COOKBOOK
Learn More Nigerian Soup Recipes, Order; ALL SNACKS, CHOPS AND BREAD RECIPE E-BOOK
Subscribe for our latest update on recipes, food trends and deals